Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thanks for letting me be in this church

So, I must say that being a dad borders the joy of that first Christmas, not the very first one, the first and best one you can remember. And I must also add that we are surrounded by such great, generous people in Cooper Young. On Sunday afternoon the door bell rang and on the front porch was standing a person we had met once holding within her hand the goodness that is Southern comfort. No, not whiskey, though our church did have a talk about alcohol (see post below). I mean chicken. But the point is that this person has probably spent less than 2 hours with me. We met them at the Easter Egg Hunt just the weekend prior. Life is amazing sometimes.

Last night friends brought over fish tacos from Cafe Ole. This coming Wednesday night friends are coming over and are bringing their grill and are going to cook turkey burgers, aka turkburgs. We are overwhelmed with kindness and generosity. Not to mention the baby showers at Robert and Mandy's, my Mom's, and the virtual baby shower that our friends participated in through the work of Mandy.

I grew up in a church that often sang a hymn entitled "Count Your Blessings." Count your many blessings and see what God has done. He has done immeasurably more than I could hope or dream. Thanks to all, especially this great church I get to be a part of!

No comments: